The Department of Management, Faculty of Business and Economics Universitas Surabaya (UBAYA) is pleased to announce the 9 International Annual Symposium on
Management will be held on 17 March, 2012 at Universitas Surabaya (UBAYA)
Free Trade Area Agreement in Asia opens up opportunities while increasing competition among enterprises. Therefore, every business entity must have a certain comparative advantage so that it can run a strategic role for competition in the business world. This condition requires every business entity in Asia to accelerate growth and changes, and to develop capacity to be able to survive. In order to achieve that acceleration, those business entities must have much innovation and the best business practice that can provide a long term competitiveness (futuristic) more than today market demands, and that can resist recession (Recession Proof). Those Innovation and business practices are supported by the efforts of strategic alliances in a network with various business entities as well as by conducting a Strategic Benchmarking for an increase in the effectiveness of the enterprise and the ability to compete in the business world.
Change Management, Competitive Advantage, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Business Alliances, Business Ethics, Business Polices, Knowledge Management, Leadership, Management System, Managerial Development, Managing Employee Commitment, Networking, Performance Management, Organizational
Learning, Strategic Benchmarking, Strategic Management Other topics: Critical issues in Financial, Marketing, Operation Management, and Technology Utilization.
- Empirical or conceptual papers.
- Paper must be written in English.
- Empirical papers should follow this format: (1) Title, (2) Author, (3) Abstract, (4) Research Background, (5) Literature Review, (6) Research Methods, (7) Result & Discussion, (8) Conclusion, (9) References.
- Keywords are separated by comma and contain max 5 keywords.
- Conceptual review papers should follow this format: (1) Title, (2) Author, (3) Abstract, (4) Research Background, (5) Literature Review, (6) Discussion, (7) Conclusion, (8) References
- Only original manuscripts not previously published or presented at another conference/forum should be submitted.
- Abstract should contain less than 500 words (please use word count function to calculate your words). Abstract is containing main issue (s) of research, research objective(s), research questions, data method of analysis (simple explanation) if any, and result(s).
- Due date for abstract submission: October 16th, 2011. Assessment and notification of the results: December 1st, 2011
- Final paper submissions should not exceed 7000 words. Due date for final paper submission: January 10th, 2012. Papers submitted after the due date will not be included in proceeding.
- Once the paper is accepted, at least one of authors must register for and present the paper at the symposium. All authors must attach their latest/updated curriculum vitae.
- Publication Plan: Final copy of accepted papers will be professionally published in MABIS Journal (ISBN and National Accredited) with more detailed review process (with author permission). The acceptance to MABIS will be based on MABIS review process that different with Insyma review process.
- All authors will receive abstract, electronic form (CD-ROM), seminar kit, and certificate.
- Submission of paper and abstract should be in softcopy (MS Word document)
- For further information regarding the symposium and paper submission, please contact:
Department of Management,
Faculty of Business and Economics
Jl. Raya Kalirungkut, Surabaya 60293, Indonesia
Phone: +62 (31) 298-1139
Fax: +62 (31) 298-1239