REDEFINING THE CORPORATE GOVERNANCE IN THE NEW ASIAN FINANCIAL LANDSCAPE
James Bartle, PhD (School of Banking and Finance, UNSW)
The Department of Management, Faculty of Business and Economics Universitas Surabaya (UBAYA) in cooperation with the University of New South Wales (UNSW Global) is please to announce the 8th International Annual Symposium on Management will be held on March 19th, 2011 at Universitas Surabaya (UBAYA)
The current global financial crisis stemming from the inability of the United States to deal with their debilitating economic conditions has shattered the once-trusted world financial market system. The tremendous and sophisticated development of global financial markets has outpaced the current perspectives of corporate governance widely held by researchers, academicians, and practitioners for over a decade. Learning from this experience, researchers, academicians, and practitioners that inevitably need to redefine their current perspectives on Corporate Governance to anticipate the fast-changing trends nowadays. As one of the future economic giants, Asia needs to establish an insightful as well as a fresh perspective of the corporate governance which serve as a strong foundation to build a sound financial market system.
Financial Governance, Behavioral Finance, Microstructure in Financial Market, Securitization, Privatization and Ownership Structure, Financial Market Integration, Mergers and Acquisitions, Multi-Disciplined Issues Related to Finance Area, Other topics: governance in human resources management, marketing, and operation management.
- Empirical or conceptual papers.
- Paper written in English is preferable.
- Empirical papers should follow this format: (1) Title, (2) Author, (3) Abstract, (4) Research Background, (5) Literature Review, (6) Research Methods, (7) Result & Discussion, (8) Conclusion, (9) References.
- Keywords are separated by comma and contain max 5 keywords.
- Conceptual review papers should follow this format: (1) Title, (2) Author, (3) Abstract, (4) Research Background, (5) Literature Review, (6) Discussion, (7) Conclusion, (8) References
- Only original manuscripts not previously published or presented at another conference/forum should be submitted.
- Abstract should contain less than 500 words (please use word count function to calculate your words). Abstract is containing main issue (s) of research, research objective(s), research questions, data method of analysis (simple explanation) if any, and result(s).
- Due date for abstract submission: December 31th, 2010. Assessment and notification of the results: January 5th, 2011
- Final paper submissions should not exceed 7000 words. Due date for final paper submission: January 20th, 2011. Papers submitted after the due date will not be included in proceeding.
- Once the paper is accepted, at least one of authors must register for and present the paper at the symposium. All authors must attach their latest/updated curriculum vitae.
- Publication Plan: Final copy of accepted papers will be professionally published in MABIS Journal (ISBN and National Accredited) with more detailed review process (with author permission).
- All authors will receive abstract, electronic form (CD-ROM), seminar kit, and certificate.
- Submission of paper and abstract should be in softcopy (MS Word document)
Presenter Participant Student
IDR 500,000 IDR 150,000 IDR 50,000
For further information regarding the symposium and paper submission, please contact:
Department of Management,
Faculty of Business and Economics
Jl. Raya Kalirungkut, Surabaya 60293, Indonesia
Ms. Ajeng +62 (31) 298-1132
Ms. Misri +62 (31) 298-1139
Fax: +62 (31) 298-1239